Prawn Masala Curry is easy and flavourful curry made of fresh shrimps, onions, and spices from foodport. It is also well known as prawn masala or prawn curry served with roti or rice. Shrimps are used excessively in all diverse cuisines; either Indian, Thai, or Chinese and that is the reason, people from all regions like it and make it in different unique ways. However, the ingredients of this recipe almost remain the same everywhere. The recipe has always been a winner dish at home and at restaurants for dinner all the time. So let's start its process and see what ingredients we need for our Shrimp Masala Curry.
- 500g gross shrimps, medium-sized
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste and garlic paste
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies julienne cut
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp grounded spice powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp oil
- First of all, wash all the shrimps and remove the central vein from them and let the water drain completely.
- Take onions and tomatoes and chopped them finely, cut the green chilies in julienne shape as well.
- Now take a deep bottomed pan and heat oil, add onion and let them fry on medium heat until turns translucent or golden brown.
- Add green chilies and saute, now add ginger and garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- At this stage instantly add tomatoes and salt and cover the lid of the pan for five minutes and let tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Here add all spices except grounded spice and give a nice stir for 2 mins at least or till all the spices are cooked.
- Add shrimps and mix well, fry them for 5 minutes in this mixture.
- Now add coconut milk and let it boil, after one boil, reduce heat to low and cover the lid, cook for around 8 minutes.
- After that add grounded spice and sprinkle coriander powder and mix well.
- Shrimp Masala Curry is ready to serve with hot roti or rice.