How to CookIt takes about 5-10 minutes to make this turkey sandwich with two spreads. To make the club sandwiches, you ought to first make the eggplant spread and then make the tahini spread. Once done, simply assemble the sandwich with the spreads, turkey slices and fresh arugula.
IngredientsThings you’ll need for the turkey sandwich with two spreads
- 3 bread slices
- Sliced turkey (6-10 slices)
- ½ cup of arugula
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ a cup of roasted eggplant puree
- 2 tablespoons of tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1½ mascarpone cheese
- 1 ripe tomato (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped finely)
- 3 tablespoons of coriander sprigs (chopped finely)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
InstructionsPrepare the Roasted Eggplant Spread
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the minced garlic & cumin powder. Sauté for 1-2 minutes!
- Add the roasted eggplant puree. Mix and stir fry for a minute.
- Turn off the stove. Transfer the roasted eggplant spread in a bowl. Cover and place it in the fridge to chill.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, tahini sauce and mascarpone cheese. Add chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander sprigs and lemon juice. Mix it all up and keep aside.
- Line up 3 bread slices.
- Take the 1st bread slice and apply a thick layer of the Tahini Spread. Top it with sliced turkey and arugula leaves.
- Take the 2nd bread slice and layer it with the roasted eggplant spread. Place it on top of the arugula leaves (eggplant spread side down). On the top side repeat the layering like the 1st bread slice.
- Take the 3rd bread slice and apply a generous portion of the roasted eggplant spread and seal the sandwich with it.
- You can also make this club sandwich with chicken slices, prosciutto and bacon.
- In case you don’t like onions in your sandwich, swap it with chives.
- If you don’t have mascarpone cheese, you may use cream cheese, goat cheese or yogurt to get a similar creaminess in this turkey sandwich with two spreads.