Everyone loves Mexican chicken casserole because it's super easy to cook and delicious to taste. The rich yellow Mexican cheese is the highlight of this recipe and but you can explore more ingredients for more flavors and palate. The mixture of sour cream and diced chilies will change your dinner habit without being too spicy. Because of its cheesy creamy and mildly spicy taste, kids enjoy the Mexican chicken casserole. The use of green chilies will not let your chicken dry, so you can serve it with rice. After all, Mexican chicken casserole is served best with rice. So let’s start our delicious cheesy recipe and note ingredients.
- 3 chicken breasts medium-sized
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Half-cup salsa
- 1-cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced green chilies
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 2 green onions
- 3 cups Mexican cheese
- 1-cup tortilla chips
- Preheat your oven at 175°C first to bake the chicken casserole.
- Now take chicken breasts, cut them in half lengthwise, and season with salt and black pepper from both sides.
- Take a big pan and heat 2 tbsp. oil, add chicken in a single layer one by one, and cook till it gets a golden brown color from both sides.
- Cook chicken in two batches and add oil in the next batch cooking as needed.
- Take tortilla chips now, spread in a square buttered casserole dish, and then add sauté chicken one by one but do not overlap on each other.
- Sprinkle and top with thinly sliced tomatoes and green onions on the chicken.
- Now take a big bowl, add salsa, sour cream, diced green chilies, 2 cups Mexican cheese and mix well.
- Pour this whole mixture on chicken in a thick layer and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup of Mexican cheese.
- Now bake the chicken in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and the sauce gets bubbles.
- The super cheesy Mexican chicken casserole is ready to serve.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, avocado, and chopped cilantro, and Enjoy!