Nan Khatai (Semolina Cookies) - The Recipe
Many or all of the products featured here can be from partners
who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However,
this does not influencer our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 tbsp Gram flour
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Egg yolk for brushing
- Heat ghee in a pan. Let it cool down to room temperature, then keep it in the refrigerator.
- Take it out when it becomes frozen.
- Mix flour, gram flour, baking powder, baking soda, and milk powder in a bowl.
- Now add sugar and ghee. Beat or whisk till it becomes creamy, then add all the ingredients except egg yolk. You can add some almonds to the batter too.
- Now mix all the ingredients well.
- Roll out the dough or spread with your hands and cut into a round shape with a cookie cutter or any lid of any bottle. Brush egg yolk and decorate with almonds.
- Bake for twenty minutes in the preheated oven. They remain soft after baking so let them cool completely in a baking tray.
- Ready to serve.