Quiche is a savory dish, which consists of a pastry crust filled with eggs, cream, cheese & meat.
- 8 oz/ 16 heaped tbsp white flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 oz or 100 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- Half cup of cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp sweet corn
- 3 tbsp chopped Capsicum
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese
- Few chicken chunks
- Rub all the ingredients together to form a bread crumb with great consistency. Then add ice cold water to form a soft dough.
- Roll and line in a 9-inch tart tin.
- Trim off any excess.
- Prick with a fork and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C till the edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and pour in the pre-baked pastry. Put it back in the oven for about 15 mins. At the same temperature, turn on the grill for about 2 minutes for a golden brown top.