Fresh Chinese egg noodles with the shape and thickness of spaghetti, which are called mee or “yellow noodles,” are a core ingredient in Malaysian and Singaporean cooking. Many cooks in Malaysia and Singapore have devised many ingenious ways to stir-fry egg noodles. Let's get to it.
- 1 packet egg noodles
- 2 Julian cut onion
- 5 green chilies
- shrimps as per taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Boil noodles with salt, one tablespoon of oil, and half teaspoon yellow color.
- Once done, keep them in cold water and strain later.
- Add oil, fry meat with salt and pepper, add vegetables and stir-fry. After two minutes, add noodles and stir-fry. Then add all sauces.
- Also, add a quarter cup chicken stock with a tablespoon of cornflour to create a saucy consistency.
- Now drizzle sesame oil.
- Add chili flakes or chili paste.
- The delicious noodles with shrimps are ready.