[:en]Have you ever had pasta with aubergine puree? Try this luscious combination to prepare your rigate. You will be surprised at the flavorsome roasted deliciousness that you'll get to taste. [caption id="attachment_43791" align="alignright" width="300"] www.pixabay.com[/caption] The recipe is pretty easy! It involves roasting, boiling and blending parts of the ingredients separately. Finally, they are combined to create yummy pasta with aubergine puree. Aubergines are tasty as well as rich in minerals, anti-oxidant properties and dietary fiber. Therefore, including them in the diet can prove beneficial. You can have this hassle-free pasta with aubergine puree at any time of the day or night.
- 4 cups of rigate pasta
- 4-5 tablespoons of roasted aubergine puree
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled & minced)
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 3-4 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Half a cup of parmesan cheese (grated)
Prepare the Tomatoes, Garlic and Mint Leaves
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them in half.
- Remove the skin of each garlic clove and mince them.
- Chop the mint leaves roughly. You can also tear them up instead of chopping.
Roast the Tomatoes & Pine Nuts
- Transfer the sliced cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Add the minced garlic, chili flakes, salt, & pepper. Drizzle some olive oil and toss all the ingredients nicely.
- Line a baking tray and pour the seasoned tomatoes in it. Do not overlap.
- Now place the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 400F.
- In another baking tray, spread out the pine nuts. Place it in the lower rack of the oven for 7-8 minutes until gorgeously golden.
Once done, remove the roasted tomatoes and pine nuts from the oven and let it cool down. Cook the Rigate Pasta
- Place a pot of water on the stove over a high flame. Add a pinch of salt and bring the water to boil.
- Add the rigate pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring at regular intervals. Check the pasta for doneness, it should soft yet have a bite-like texture.
- Once the pasta is cooked perfectly, drain the excess water!
[caption id="attachment_43790" align="alignright" width="300"] www.pixabay.com[/caption] Making the Pasta with Aubergine Puree
- By now, the roasted tomatoes should have cooled down. Put them in the blender. Add some olive oil, chopped mint leaves and aubergine puree. Blend everything to a smooth puree.
- Pour the tomato aubergine puree all over the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and roasted pine nuts.
Your yummy rigate pasta with aubergine puree is ready to be enjoyed immediately.
If you prefer a saucier pasta, then save about 2 cups of liquid while draining the pasta! Add that liquid to the blender while making the tomato aubergine puree. Thereby, make your pasta with aubergine puree as saucy as you want![:]