This aromatic snow beans curry is a vegetarian dish. The vegetables, spices and seed paste mixture coats the fresh green snow beans incredibly. The result is a spicy and sweet dry curry to be relished with any type of bread or freshly cooked steamed rice.
How to Cook
Cooking this aromatic snow beans curry requires about 40 minutes. You can cut short the marinade time too and prepare this delicious curry within half an hour. This vegetarian dry snow beans curry can be prepped with minimal effort and cooked conveniently. Wear the apron and prepare this quick and easy aromatic snow beans curry for lunch or dinner. After all, homemade curries cooked with fresh green vegetables taste superb and are healthy too. Snow beans can help booth the body’s immune system, maintain good heart health, aid in cutting down calories, strengthen bones as well as reduce inflammation.
- Fresh Snow Beans (250 grams)
- Nigella Seeds (1 tsp)
- Brown Mustard Seeds (1 TBS)
- Poppy Seeds (1 TBS)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red Shallot
- Garlic Paste (2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Paprika Powder (1 tsp) (optional)
- Olive Oil (2 TBS)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste (optional)
Prepare the Snow Beans
Wash the fresh snow beans. Cut and remove both ends of each bean. Also, pull out and discard the tough vein running through the beans. Now, boil the snow beans in a pot of water for 3-4 minutes. Drain the water and keep the beans aside.
Prepare the Seeds & Veggies
Make a runny paste of the mustard and poppy seeds along with the green chilies and some water. Roughly chop the tomato and shallot. Toss them in the grinder to make a smooth semi-liquid paste.
Cook the Aromatic Snow Beans Curry
- In a bowl, pour the runny seed paste. Add the tomato and shallot paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Marinate the semi-boiled snow beans in the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the nigella seeds in the hot oil and wait for it to splutter.
- Transfer the marinated snow beans to the pan. Let it fry for a minute.
- Pour half a cup of water and adjust the flame to medium. Cover with a lid and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Uncover the lid, and season with salt and sugar. Taste the snow beans curry and add the paprika powder for some color and heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
Your aromatic snow beans curry is ready.
- Partially boiling the snow beans beforehand quickens the cooking process. You may also use the beans directly, but then you will need some extra water and additional cooking time.
- This aromatic snow beans curry tastes delicious with potatoes too. Semi-boil the potatoes beforehand and add them to the marinade mixture