Cheese Hash Brownies
- 2 medium potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 cheese slices
- Crushed red chili 1/2 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chilies (optional but I added them)
- 2 tsp green garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oil for frying or as needed
- Peel potatoes and wash.
- Shred wash potatoes.
- Place shreds in a bowl, then mix with onion, flour, egg and all the seasoning mentioned above until evenly distributed.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is sizzling hot, place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Make separate piles like pancakes.
- Cook until it becomes browned on the bottom. Flip over and do the same with the other side.
- It should take at least 5 minutes per side.
- If you are cooking them in one big piece, they can be cut into quarters for easier flipping.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.