This pasta tossed in cheesy mushrooms is a vegetarian cuisine! This Italian dish has won hearts across the globe. Toss it up at home for a delectable breakfast, lunch or dinner.
How to Cook
image source: www.pixabay.com
This recipe requires about 35 minutes time to prepare the ingredients and cook it. The buttery cheesy mushrooms coat the pasta creamily creating a mouth-watering sight. The delicate pepper heat and the captivating aroma of thyme make the dish extremely appetizing. The bold garlic flavor along with the fresh coriander taste makes it utterly delicious. This homemade pasta tossed in cheesy mushrooms is a recipe that you will want to prepare repeatedly.
This recipe requires:
- Pasta (300 grams)
- Shimeji mushrooms (150 grams)
- Shiitake mushrooms (150 grams)
- 2 red shallots (medium-sized)
- Garlic (5-6 cloves)
- Fresh cream (1 cup or 250 ml)
- Parmesan cheese (30 grams)
- Thyme (1 teaspoon)
- Coriander leaves (4 tablespoons)
- Olive oil (3 Tablespoons)
- Butter ( 2 cubes/2 tablespoons)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon, ground)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Water (1 cup or 250 ml)
Prepare the mushrooms, veggies, cheese and herbs
Slice up the shimeji and shiitake mushrooms. Chop the red shallots finely. Peel the garlic cloves and crush them. Grate the parmesan cheese and mince the coriander leaves.
Time to start cooking the pasta tossed in cheesy mushrooms
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove over medium flame. Add the butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- As the butter begins to melt, add the chopped shallots. Sear for 3 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time.
- Add the crushed garlic and sear for another minute.
- Now, put in all the sliced mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes over medium flame.
image source: www.pixabay.com
While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare the pasta on another stove:
Boil a pot of water with a teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. As soon as the water starts bubbling, put the pasta in. Using tongs gently swirl the pasta inside and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, drain the water and keep aside for later use.
Let’s continue cooking the mushrooms:
- After 5-6 minutes of cooking, the mushrooms will become tender and turn slightly brownish in color.
- Now, add in the thyme along with the salt and pepper seasoning. Give it a light stir.
- Next, pour the cream, water, and grated cheese. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- While the creamy mushrooms are simmering, have a taste to check the seasoning. If needed add some more salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked and drained pasta. Also, add 3 tablespoons of the minced coriander leaves. Save some for garnishing. Mix carefully and turn off flame.
Your pasta tossed in cheesy mushrooms is ready! Serve it with freshly minced coriander leaves.
If you are preparing the pasta only for adults, you can add half a cup of white wine in the recipe just before adding the cream. In case you are fine with this pasta dish being non-vegetarian, you may substitute the water with an equal amount of chicken stock. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg powder to spice up this pasta tossed in cheesy mushrooms. You can replace the mushrooms with other varieties as per the availability.