Lamb meat is the form of red meat and primarily composed of high-quality protein that provides all types of amino acids to our body for growth and maintenance. Therefore, taking a lamb into your daily meal is essentially important as it covers all the nutritional requirements of our body. However, couscous is a great source of fiber and carbs that is equally vital for our body while giving energy and strength. If you are conscious about calories intake in your diet, then couscous gives you fewer calories over rice and makes you feel full. Although couscous lacks some of the essential nutrients, when you will have it with lamb chops, it will not only meet your nutrient needs but also contribute great taste to your embryos. With this healthy and savory thought, let's start our today’s recipe, that is full of taste and nutrients.
For Lamb Chops
- 8 lamb chops with outside fat
- ground coriander
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds crushed
- 1 tsp. Dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
For Minty Couscous Salad
- 200-grams couscous
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 200 ml low salt stock
- Half cucumber, seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Half cup scallions, sliced
- 100-gram apricots, soaked and chopped
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Preparing Lamb Chops
- First, take one big tray and spread all chops evenly, sprinkle all spices including coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, chili flakes, garlic powder, black pepper,salt and coat chops completely from both sides.
- Now let the chops marinate for about 30 minutes to maximum 2 hours for flavourful chops.
- Add olive oil in a pan and heat on high medium flame.
- Fry all the marinated chops in two batches and sear from both sides till golden brown.
- After chops fry thoroughly, transfer them into a dish and keep aside.
Preparing Couscous Salad
- Now prepare couscous salad and take a big bowl.
- Add couscous with warm low salt stock in this bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- After microwaving, water will be soaked by couscous. Now let it it cool.
- Now add cucumber, scallion, apricot, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil and mix well with couscous.
- Season couscous with paprika, salt, black pepper and mix again.
- Finally, add a handful of mint and parsley chopped leaves and mix well.
- Minty couscous salad is ready to assemble now.
- Take a small bowl like mold and fill it with couscous salad, press firmly and transfer into a serving dish while making a little mountain.
- Now take fried lamb chops and surround the little mountain of couscous with these chops.
- Garnish more with freshly chopped mint leaves and greek yogurt.
- Spicy Lamb Chops with healthy minty couscous is ready to serve, Enjoy!