Discover the pesto sauce in chicken roll-ups for first time ever, stuffed with simple but rich ingredients like tomatoes, cheese and pesto sauce. Seasoned with garlic salt and black pepper only, thin cutlets of chicken will give you the taste of Tuscan palate and flavors for a perfect fining at weekday or weekend simultaneously. The juicy delicious chicken roll-ups with pesto sauce are the simplest recipe but worthy for any special occasion and festival too. Pest sauce is the core ingredient in this recipe and you will fall in love if you take it from Foodport, which serves the best pesto sauce with all other ingredients, which we use in this recipe. So without any waste of time, let's make our delicious juicy chicken roll-up.
- 4 medium/large chicken breasts
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Half cup Pesto sauce
- 225-gram Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes medium size
- 1-cup cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves shredded, for garnish
- Olive oil 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted butter 1 tbsp.
- First, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius to cook the roll-ups after half cooking on the stove.
- Now take the chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise to get 8 cutlets of chicken.
- Put each cutlet in a Ziploc bag one by one and pound them by a using meat mallet to make it thinner.
- Place all cutlets on a big tray separately and season with garlic salt and freshly ground black paper from both sides.
- Now carefully spread 1 tbsp. of pest sauce at each cutlet, top with thinly sliced tomatoes and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese profusely on them but save some cheese for pan as well.
- roll every cutlet tightly and seal each of them with a toothpick.
- Heat cast iron pan or any oven-safe skillet on medium flame and heat oil and butter together, once sizzling, add all chicken rolls nicely and toast from both sides until they get a golden color.
- Now sprinkle cherry tomatoes and some cheese on the rolls and switch off the flame.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After a calculated time, bring the pan out and remove all toothpicks from the rolls.
- Garnish the chicken rolls with basil and serve with mashed potatoes or asparagus for a fancy dinner.
- The delicious juicy chicken roll-ups with pesto sauce are ready to eat. Enjoy!