This chicken recipe is well known throughout Asia. If you've never tasted it before, you'll love our video cooking guide.
- 200g Rambutan (or lychees)
- 2 bunch spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 (approx. 20 g) small piece of fresh ginger
- 4 chicken fillets (à approx. 150 g)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper
- Curry, chili powder
- 1 can(s) (400 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp mango chutney (glass)
- 3-4 Coriander stalk(s)
- Peel rambutan, halve and remove seeds. Clean and wash the spring onions and cut them into rings. Peel garlic and ginger, chop very finely. Wash the fillets, dab dry and cut diagonally into 3 large pieces each.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Brown the meat in it for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Fry the spring onions, garlic, and ginger briefly. Sprinkle with 1-2 tsp curry. Add coconut milk and 200 ml water. Stir in stock and mango chutney. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Wash coriander, shake dry, pluck leaves. Add rambutan to the chicken and heat only briefly. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and chili. Serve and sprinkle with coriander. Basmati rice tastes good with this.
- Drink: cool rosé wine